Well the weather has tried to put a spanner in the works but we think we have risen above it.
The Trustees have spent the day deliberating about whether or not we should cancel or somehow circumscribe the first weekend of this year's Festival but they have decided that there is no need now to do so. It will commence as planned at 6pm on Friday 2nd March.
The main roads in Harrogate are generally clear and the High School intends to clear and grit paths and car parks. The adjudicators are prepared to travel and we have put in place contingency plans should that not work out for some reason.
We hope performers and their teachers/ families etc will bear with us if things are not as super-efficient as usual.
You need to make your own decisions as to whether or not to travel but if you do, we are looking forward to welcoming you and to providing an exciting Festival experience.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook - @HCFMSD and online at www.hcfmsd.co.uk
- ▼ March (4)
- ► 2016 (13)